System Reliability and Maintainability Analysis
In System Reliability and Maintainability Analysis (Online) you will learn how to build simple to complex reliability models using ReliaSoft BlockSim software. In this course you will explore advanced concepts and applications for system reliability/maintainability analysis and optimization utilizing a reliability block diagram (RBD) or fault tree analysis (FTA) approach.
Prenscia Academy Online courses are delivered in real-time with an instructor available to answer questions and assist via audio or chat. See course calendar for available dates and times.
You will use ReliaSoft BlockSim software with hands-on practice and case study analysis.
- Identify critical components (or failure modes) and determine the most effective ways to improve system performance through design improvements and/or maintenance planning
- Use simulation to facilitate decision-making in a variety of areas, such as scheduling maintenance, planning for spares, identifying bottlenecks in production throughput and estimating life cycle costs
- How to define a system as a reliability model
- Reliability block diagram (RBD) configurations and fault tree gates and events
- Advanced/complex RBD configurations
- Introduction to time dependency in reliability modeling
- Advanced RBD constructs
- Modeling block dependency
- Modeling standby redundancy
- Nodes, containers, encapsulation, mirroring
- Analysis to identify system improvement opportunities
- Optimum reliability allocation
- Introduction to repairable system analysis
- Introduction to preventive maintenance principles
- Advanced simulation: adding crews, spare parts and maintenance strategies
- Use of appropriate metrics for system analysis
- Throughput analysis: bottleneck identification and backlog processing
- Introduction to reliability phase diagrams
Who should attend
The System Reliability and Maintainability Analysis course is for design and maintenance professionals that need to perform reliability modeling and analysis of complex systems for understanding and improvement of both design reliability and operational availability.
Your course requires the use of a computer with a licensed ReliaSoft software installation and an audio device with a microphone. All registrants will receive a temporary ReliaSoft software license.
The instructor will make use of their own webcam. Webcams for attendees is optional.
System Reliability and Maintainability Analysis (Online) is taught over 6 days in 3-hour sessions.